With the recent attention to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and precautions necessary to prevent the spread, USD #489 is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our students, staff and the community. USD #489 is coordinating with the Ellis County Health Department, KDHE and community health partners to closely monitor COVID-19. Currently, the risk to the general US public is low. USD #489 will continue to diligently monitor and inform the public of any potential risks. CDC, KDHE and ECHD recommend standard precautions to protect yourself and loved ones. Standard precautions include:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- To keep from spreading respiratory illness to others, you should:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Access additional information from the following two websites